> Learning Center > Garden ponds
here to see our selection of Garden ponds.
you still having some trouble deciding whether or not to add a garden
pond to your yard? Well, I am going to try to convince
you that you should most definitely have a garden pond, and why you
Here are some of the many benefits and pros to having a garden pond:
- Visual Beauty. There is something about the sight of water that
is absolutely mesmerizing. Add a waterfall or water fountain to
your garden pond, and you will be hypnotized for days.
- Auditory Beauty. After a stressful day of work, there are few
things more soothing than the sound of water gurgling, cascading,
or even dripping. Again, a waterfall or water fountain will increase
the auditory beauty, just as they will increase the visual beauty.
- Pets. If you add koi to your pond, you are not simply adding
a piece of garden decoration, you are adding a pet. It can be very
fun and quite intriguing to take care of koi. And if you do get
koi for your pond, expect that you will, indeed, have to take care
of them as pets. You will need to make sure that they are fed and
that the aquatic environment is optimal.
- Gardening. Most garden ponds do not simply consist of a hole filled
with water and fish. They also have many aquatic plants and plants
surrounding the pond. You can really have fun with gardening and
landscaping around the pond.
- Easy installation. You can create a basic garden pond in a day.
More complicated ones, with cascading waterfalls, etc. can take
much longer. But a basic garden pond is very easy to install. You
can just dig a hole and line it with pond liner, or get a set pond
hard shell. With a little bit of digging and some water and a few
plants… you have got yourself a pond!
- Easy to run. These days, you can get solar pond lights, solar
filters, solar pumps, etc., making your pond very easy to run. And
since solar power is free, you will have no running costs!
- Interest. There are few things more boring than a backyard that
is simply a huge expanse of grass. If you want a grassy field, go
to a park! In your own backyard, you have the power to create any
sort of environment that you want. Why not make your landscape interesting?
- Getaway. Adding a garden pond to your yard is the first step
to creating your own getaway. Once you beautify your yard, you are
going to want to spend more and more time in it. It will become
the perfect place to go when you want to escape from the rest of
- Guests. Although you should build a garden pond for yourself,
it is nice to know that your guests are sure to love it, too. Your
garden pond can be the center of many outdoor barbecues and get-togethers.
Add a few floating candles to your pond, and you are set to go!
Click to view cart