> Learning Center >
Pond fish food
Pond fish food
here to see our selection of Pond fish food.
know that your fish may sometimes need pond
fish food, but do you know everything you need to know
about fish food? Here are some tips:
- Do not overfeed - do not give your fish more food than they can
eat in just a few minutes. Extra food will decay and can lead to problems
with algae, etc.
- Excess food - scrape away excess food.
- Read the label - make sure that you know exactly what you are getting
- Temperature - only feed your fish when the temperature of the water
is consistently above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. When the temperature
is cooler, fish do not digest food well.
- Feed, or not to feed - if your pond is totally balanced, your fish
will not need to eat specialized pond fish food. Instead, they will
eat algae, pests, plant material, etc. However, it can be fun (and
sometimes necessary if not enough natural food is available) to feed
them every once in a while. Supplement their diet with pond fish food.
- Timing - feed your fish at the same time every day, and they will
come to expect it. It can be fun to watch them get excited, almost
as a dog would.
- Pre-winter - by making sure your fish have enough protein over the
summer, you can help better prepare them for the winter.
When you want to maintain a healthy eco-system in your
fish pond, Pond Depot can provide excellent pond fish food for your
Not too much and not too little is the key - just like in the fairytale
of the Three Bears. Of course, you do not want your fish to starve;
however, putting food in the pond that your fish do not eat will disrupt
the chemical balance of the water. In other words, it gets icky and
Click to view cart